New Macbook Pro running slow

This is a discussion on New Macbook Pro running slow within the MacBook Pro forums, part of the Macbook Forum category; Hello, I just purchased and received my new macbook pro not even 2 weeks ago. At first it was running fine but the last several ...

Member #

New Macbook Pro running slow

Hello, I just purchased and received my new macbook pro not even 2 weeks ago. At first it was running fine but the last several days its been really slow. Has trouble loading certain websites. Speedtest gives it very low download and upload speeds. Download speed around 0.44 Mbps and upload speed at 1.37. I tried to see if it was my internet so I used another laptop and ran a speed test and its fine. So its just the macbook. Again its practically brand new and worked fine when I first got it. I have nothing else running in the background, I havent downloaded much to it. I'm not extremely savvy about computers and I'm new to macs so if you need more information to help me then please walk me through how to get the info you need. Also is there a way to just reset the macbook pro to factory settings and just start back over ? I wouldn't mind that if it fixed the speed problem.

2. Ads

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    134 times
    I am wondering if you have started getting interference from neighboring wifi signals. You could try changing the wifi channel your router is using and see if that helps. You could also turn off Bluetooth on your MacBook Pro as this can sometimes interfer with wifi signals.
    'Deep Thought' - Mac Mini Late 2018- macOS Mojave (10.14.5)
    'Marvin' - Mac Mini Late 2014 - macOS Mojave (10.14.5)
    'Orac' - MacBook Pro 13" Mid 2012 - macOS Mojave (10.14.5)

iPhone 6S - iOS 12.3.1
    iPad Pro 12.9" - iOS 12.3.1

Remove Ads

Ads