Dvd stuck!

This is a discussion on Dvd stuck! within the MacBook Pro forums, part of the Macbook Forum category; There is a dvd stuck in my MacBook Pro. I have tried everything I have found suggested. From restarting, letting it sit shut off for ...

Thread: Dvd stuck!

Member #

Dvd stuck!

There is a dvd stuck in my MacBook Pro. I have tried everything I have found
    suggested. From restarting, letting it sit shut off for a while, trying to stick a
    knife or something in to pop it up. The dvd is due back today. Any other suggestions
    please??

2. Ads

Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    316 times
    Hello Jessann

First off I want to welcome you to our forum...

One thing to try is:

First, try dragging the disc from the desktop to the trashcan in the Dock. It’s likely this was one of the first things you tried, but sometimes it’s worth stating the obvious. You can also try locating the disc in the Finder sidebar and clicking the eject icon that appears next to it.

OR

If the disc is being a real pain and still refuses to clear out, it’s time to roll up your sleeves and let it know it’s time to go. Your first stop will be Disk Utility, located at /Applications/Utilites/Disk Utility.app. Find your disc in the left sidebar and click the eject button up top, or right-click on the disc and select the eject command.

OR

Restart your Mac while holding down the mouse or trackpad button. You may think it’s not working, but keep holding the button down until your computer has fully restarted. This has always been my last resort and has never failed to work for me.

However, if it didn’t work for you, restart while holding the Option key to open up the Startup Manager. When you get your selection of bootable volumes, let go of the Option key and press the eject button. This should pop the disc right out, too.

Try those and see if any of those work....
    Mac Pro '08
    2013 27" iMAC. 10.11.4 32g
    Apple Server Beta
    iPad Pro
    Ipad1, 3 and iPad Air 7.1. Ipod2, 4s. iPhone 5 - IOS 8.2-- Apple Tv 4th Gen.
    ADC Member and Beta Tester

Remove Ads

Ads