Why is my new hotspot internet connection so slow?

This is a discussion on Why is my new hotspot internet connection so slow? within the MacBook forums, part of the Macbook Forum category; I've had the Macbook for several years, with a Comcast high-speed internet connection that was very fast but pricey. When I got a T-Mobile phone ...

Member #

Why is my new hotspot internet connection so slow?

I've had the Macbook for several years, with a Comcast high-speed internet connection that was very fast but pricey. When I got a T-Mobile phone they talked me into a hotspot, telling me it would replace my Comcast connection for half the price. It is half the price and it is much less than half as fast. Pages load in maybe 60 seconds instead of three or four. My Itunes material, half-hour segments, used to download in four minutes, and now take 14 HOURS. And videos take maybe half an hour of start and stop to play five minutes. T-Mobile swears this shouldn't be happening, they checked my coverage,
    upgraded me and all. Now, right before I took the first one back, the Itunes segment did start downloading in four minutes
    again, then back to 14 hours. The upgraded one stays at 14 hours consistently. Now, are they lying to me? or is there
    something wrong with my Mac? or something I should check? before I go back and make a scene trying to cancel my
    contract? Thanks.

2. Ads

Member #
    It could be because you may not have very good service (bars) where you are at,

Remove Ads

Ads