brought my MacBook into Apple for service, now it wont charge?

This is a discussion on brought my MacBook into Apple for service, now it wont charge? within the MacBook forums, part of the Macbook Forum category; I brought my macbook in they found file software stuff wrong (HAVE NO CLUE WHAT ANY OF THAT MEAN) anyway they fixed that... but the ...

Member #

brought my MacBook into Apple for service, now it wont charge?

I brought my macbook in they found file software stuff wrong (HAVE NO CLUE WHAT ANY OF THAT MEAN) anyway they fixed that...

but the lady noticed the bottom needed to be relaminated and that the charger port thingy was pushed a bit... the fixed all that. I brought it home and now it wont charge and one of the screws is sticking out (which is a minor thing).

Anyway. Could they have accidently done something for this to have happened? Is it common? Will it be a quick fix? Its all covered under warranty. I called the apple servic eline they made me restart it and hold a few buttons down to redistribute power? (I think ) ... and that didnt do anything.

2. Ads

Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    316 times
    Well, if the charging was working before you brought it in, they did something...

Do you mean the prongs in the charging port were bent?? That could be trouble to finese back to normal..

You also might wanna try another charger and plug it in to verify more.

They had you do a reset by holding the button down, which fixes alot of issues..

But, if it worked, charging, then they did something then... Hard to say for certain, unless I had it in my hands...
    Mac Pro '08
    2013 27" iMAC. 10.11.4 32g
    Apple Server Beta
    iPad Pro
    Ipad1, 3 and iPad Air 7.1. Ipod2, 4s. iPhone 5 - IOS 8.2-- Apple Tv 4th Gen.
    ADC Member and Beta Tester

Remove Ads

Ads