Mid 2010 MacBook starting issue

This is a discussion on Mid 2010 MacBook starting issue within the MacBook forums, part of the Macbook Forum category; Hello, new to the forum and at a loss as to what to do other than take it to apple and pay.... Basically when my ...

Member #

Mid 2010 MacBook starting issue

Hello, new to the forum and at a loss as to what to do other than take it to apple and pay....

Basically when my MacBook starts, it loads up fine for less than a minute to the home screen then the home screen/desktop refreshes endlessly so I can't actually do anything at all. It starts in safe mode okay. I've verified disk permissions but there are always permissions that need to be repaired and they always come back, and on one occasion the disk had to be repaired after I verified disk. Though it is fine since. I have reinstalled osx using shift +R and it is no better.

Also, I've reset the NVRAM/PRAM and also done a hardware test and nothing is obviously wrong with it.

Also when I do a disk permission verification it comes out with this every time, not sure if this has much t do with it or related to something else.
    library/internet plu...uld be lrwxr-xr-xr ; they are drwxr-xr-x .

An ideas guys?

Thanks in advance,

Regards
    Ben

2. Ads

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    134 times
    OK, you have reinstalled OSX and done all the other hardware checks I would suggest and you still have the same problem. As a result, it can't be a software problem but a hardware issue. If you are getting constant screen refreshing, it is possible that your graphics system is on the blink. I would take your MacBook back to Apple or a reputable reseller and get them to diagnose the problem.
    'Deep Thought' - Mac Mini Late 2018- macOS Mojave (10.14.4)
    'Marvin' - Mac Mini Late 2014 - macOS Mojave (10.14.4)
    'Orac' - MacBook Pro 13" Mid 2012 - macOS Mojave (10.14.4)

iPhone 6S - iOS 12.2
    iPad Pro 12.9" - iOS 12.2

Remove Ads

Ads