What is wrong with my screen?

This is a discussion on What is wrong with my screen? within the MacBook forums, part of the Macbook Forum category; A couple weeks ago this weird screen slowly faded onto my screen while browsing the Internet. I hit ESC and it went away, then reappeared ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By JezzerP

Thread: What is wrong with my screen?

Member #

What is wrong with my screen?

A couple weeks ago this weird screen slowly faded onto my screen while browsing the Internet. I hit ESC and it went away, then reappeared a few minutes later. I restarted and it was fine. The next day it did it again but just for a second, then it cleared away and worked fine the rest of the day. Once while watching Netflix a weird green started to come onto the screen but then it went away and never took over the full screen. Just now it came on in the middle of Internet browsing and stayed up for maybe one minute before it went away. I have no idea what this is! Is it my graphics card? I am hoping it is not the logic board. It has only appeared when I am on the Internet. Anyone know what this is? The MacBook is maybe 3 years old, and I have 50G of free memory.

Here is a picture of it just a couple minutes ago.

What is wrong with my screen?-macbookerror.jpg

2. Ads

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    135 times
    Those symptoms certainly suggest you have a problem with the graphics chip. I would take it to your nearest Apple Store or Reseller to get it diagnosed properly.
    'Deep Thought' - Mac Mini Late 2018- macOS Catalina (10.15.6)
    'Marvin' - Mac Mini Late 2014 - macOS Catalina (10.15.6)
    'Orac' - MacBook Pro 13" Mid 2012 - macOS Catalina (10.15.6)

iPhone 11 - iOS 13.6
    iPad Pro 12.9" - iOS 13.6

Member #
    It maybe caused due to your problem with the graphics chip, and I suggest you to update your graphic card driver to see whether it is a driver problem. First, you can use Windows update.
    Step 1. Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, tap "Settings", and then tap "Change PC settings". But if you are using a mouse, point to the lower-right corner of the screen and move the mouse pointer up. Then click "Settings" and "Change PC settings".

Step 2. Tap or click "update and recovery", and then tap or click "Windows Update".

Step 3. Tap or click "Choose how updates get installed".

Step 4. Under important updates, choose "Install updates automatically".

If it does not help, the easiest way for you is to use a drivers update utility to update the driver automatically. Automatic Driver Updating Tool - DriverTuner. It helps me download and update many of my device drivers and I hope it can also work for you. You can download and install it, then it will automatically scan for your system and recommend suitable drivers for you. You can download or update whichever driver you need.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    135 times
    Erm....this thread is over a year old, and nothing to do with a Windows PC that needs new drivers....the above advice is completely irrelevant. As the OP never returned, I am now closing this thread to prevent further misleading comments.
    ardchoille likes this.
    'Deep Thought' - Mac Mini Late 2018- macOS Catalina (10.15.6)
    'Marvin' - Mac Mini Late 2014 - macOS Catalina (10.15.6)
    'Orac' - MacBook Pro 13" Mid 2012 - macOS Catalina (10.15.6)

iPhone 11 - iOS 13.6
    iPad Pro 12.9" - iOS 13.6

Remove Ads

Ads