New Version iMac keeps restarting and dumping work when left in sleep mode

This is a discussion on New Version iMac keeps restarting and dumping work when left in sleep mode within the New Member Introduction & Site Assistance forums, part of the Apple Forums category; Hi Folks I've had my second 27" iMac for 1+ years and it keeps shutting down and restarting itself when left in sleep mode taking ...

Member #

New Version iMac keeps restarting and dumping work when left in sleep mode

Hi Folks

I've had my second 27" iMac for 1+ years and it keeps shutting down and restarting itself when left in sleep mode taking any work left unfinished with it. This can be tens of minutes or several hours later. I seem to recall that it used to be recommended to leave it in sleep mode to repair itself and catch up on its housework. Has anyone else had this problem and sorted it out - if so please let me know how, thanks?

I don't know if this is related to the problem but whenever I start it up I get the following error message:

Insecure Startup Item disabled "/Library/StartupItems/ES1000Service" has not been started because it does not have the proper security settings.

Any help would be much appreciated thank you!!

Mike E.

2. Ads

Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    316 times
    Mac Pro '08
    2013 27" iMAC. 10.11.4 32g
    Apple Server Beta
    iPad Pro
    Ipad1, 3 and iPad Air 7.1. Ipod2, 4s. iPhone 5 - IOS 8.2-- Apple Tv 4th Gen.
    ADC Member and Beta Tester

Member #

Error message on start up

Thanks Sparky - that sorted out the error message 'insecure start up items' straight away.

Any ideas on the sleep problem? - This iMac is running Mavericks OS 10.9.4 - and keeps restarting when left in sleep mode - this is a major pain as it keeps dumping work and sometimes comes back on in the middle of the night.

Since I moved my earlier iMac to my old downstairs desk which it has to share with 2 digital phones, a flat bed scanner, a printer and my Harmon Kardon sound sticks now refuses to go to sleep and keeps switching itself back on within 10 seconds of being put to sleep so that one has to be switched off every time - another pain and waste of time! It used to work fine upstairs where my new iMac is now situated. Only the phones and the loudspeakers are left on permanently - I presume there is some electrical interference causing this as my old G5 used to do the same in that position. - Can I shield the iMac in any way?

Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    316 times
    That can be many things indeed...

A place to start is here...

Mac OS X: Why your Mac might not sleep or stay in sleep mode
    Mac Pro '08
    2013 27" iMAC. 10.11.4 32g
    Apple Server Beta
    iPad Pro
    Ipad1, 3 and iPad Air 7.1. Ipod2, 4s. iPhone 5 - IOS 8.2-- Apple Tv 4th Gen.
    ADC Member and Beta Tester

Remove Ads

Ads