Say hello and ask ????'s

This is a discussion on Say hello and ask ????'s within the New Member Introduction & Site Assistance forums, part of the Apple Forums category; Hi, Newby here but upon the purchase of my second used Mac (running high sierra) and process of transferring passwords etc I received a malware ...

Member #

Say hello and ask ????'s

Hi, Newby here but upon the purchase of my second used Mac (running high sierra) and process of transferring passwords etc I received a malware warning to which help was offered. Clicked and and eastern voice man came on, took control, found the problem on both my open imacs then wanted $499 1year or $999 forever fix. I told him no way, we hung up and I went into systems and turned firewalls on both computers back on. Should I be worried of future damage and seek pro help? Will this effect all computers, pads, i phones in my household? or did I just blow off a scam? Every thing works fine except two telephone calls stating unusual microsoft activity on my computers or something to that effect. Return calls won't go through so I blocked #

2. Ads

Member #
    Sounds like a scam - if you didnít offer any personal info I would keep the firewall on and refer to Apple directly for help

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Remove Ads

Ads