Trouble getting a Macbook 2008 back up and running

This is a discussion on Trouble getting a Macbook 2008 back up and running within the New Member Introduction & Site Assistance forums, part of the Apple Forums category; Hi All I have a Macbook 2008 that has been running faithfully until a couple of days ago. The problem started when I made a ...

Member #

Trouble getting a Macbook 2008 back up and running

Hi All
    I have a Macbook 2008 that has been running faithfully until a couple of days ago.
    The problem started when I made a mistake trying to create a bootable Usb with El Capitan on it to try and effect a restoration of my sons 2012 mac book Pro
    Instead of proceeding to Terminal to burn the usb I selected the usb in utilities and asked Utilities to install on the usb.
    Utilities did not give any instruction to say it was not possible and it proceeded on it's merry way.
    When it had finished I was instructed to restart the machine...........NOW I'M IN TROUBLE!!!
    Firstly I don't have a bootable usb
    Second ,when I now try to boot the Macbook It gets halfway through the boot process stops booting and then restarts and goes to the OS X installer page. If I proceed at this point it will try to install EL Capitan on a 2008 Mackbook which is impossible
    While on the installer page I can access the Utilities drop down which can give me Disk Utility or Terminal. If I go to Disk Utility I can see that all the data and original 10.9.5 operating system is all still on the machine but I cannot get the machine to restart into Lion 10.9.5 .
    This is really stretching my brain . Any assistance would be greatly appreciated
    cheers Nick
    P.S. My wife has an iMac with El Capitan on it
    Last edited by Nick1000; 11-18-2019 at 06:13 PM.

2. Ads

Remove Ads

Ads