Welcome to the site! Please post an introduction thread.

This is a discussion on Welcome to the site! Please post an introduction thread. within the New Member Introduction & Site Assistance forums, part of the Apple Forums category; Hello everybody, name here is Scott. I have been using a Mac for around the last 6 or so years. I am currently using a ...

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
    Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    315 times
    Hello everybody, name here is Scott.
    I have been using a Mac for around the last 6 or so years.
    I am currently using a iMac 27" i-5, a Mac Pro desktop late '09,
    also have a iPad1, iPhone 4 when I get a signal, spotty here, and also have a iPod 4 as well..

I am a SMOD. on Googletvforums.com as well, where I heard about this site..
    I do see that dgstorm is a SMOD. here as well as in the forum I mod. in..

I do have a Apple Dev. account, though not a lot of programming, as I am i newbie,
    trying to learn all I can, which sometimes takes me a while..

I look forward to hearing and from reading from members here in the very near future,
    as I usually have questions, and not afraid of asking either..

2. Ads

Member #
    Hi
    Found myself here because I had a question about my ipad and heard this is a good site to exchange info
    I own an ipad and iphone and like very much

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by iMike View Post
    ... we ask that every new member post up an introduction thread letting us know a little bit about themselves, their current (and future) Apple gadgets, etc. ...
    Greetings Earthmen (and women!), I got an email from the iPadForums and came over. Since there is also an iPad forum in here, it would seem logical for them to combine the databases if they can since it seems to be the same group.

I currently own several older Apple products but also acquired a current 27" iMac and 2 iPad2s which is why I've started investing more time in Apple forums.

My first experience with digital logic occurred in 1965 when I was studying logic gates composed of vacuum tubes. I started my Undergraduate Electrical Engineering degree in 1973, took my first (required) FORTRAN IV programming course the following semester, and graduated after 3 years with a full 4 year degree. I took so many computer hardware and software courses that I wanted a degree that had "Computer Science" in it, so was finally awarded a Bachelor of Engineering in Computer Science (BECS) instead of a BSEE. I shouldn't have made such a fuss as I got my Masters of Computer Science from Johns Hopkins in 1989. A resume looks so much better with different areas of expertise on it even if the Bachelor degree only proves that you know how to study.

I was in the US Navy for 22 years from 1965 until 1987 with a 3 month break after the first 3 years. I started out Enlisted and, after 11 years, was demoted from 1st Class Petty Officer to Ensign. The reason I graduated so quickly is that I had to meet an age limit to get commissioned as an Aviation Officer. Just barely made it, in more ways than one. I retired as a Lieutenant after 11 more years. I made the mistake of allowing my (then) Commanding Officer to extend my shore billet because "they needed my expertise" teaching computers. I got passed over for promotion to LtCdr, so was Honorably discharged.

Since the Navy, I have worked my own Computer Consulting business (PCs) and have also worked various other jobs for other companies, including some that had nothing to do with computers as I got burned out after 3 years of 80+ hour weeks as a Senior Systems Analyst at DOE.

My last "real" job was teaching night Computer Literacy classes. Started in 2002 and ended mid 2009 when the city "ran out of money". I think of all the jobs I've had, I enjoyed that teaching the most. I still have the website I set up to help my students but may be converting it to a more commercial venue if I can learn enough about iPad development to actually create something useful.

Hope that's enough information as my dyslexic keybroad is starting to act up ... :p
    I know you think you understood what you think I said but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.

Member #
    Hey, hey, hey, all you good people. I am an apple devotee. I have an ipad, ipod, iphone, imac and still have the original ibook (in blue). I look forward to interacting with you and learning new things.
    I am getting a new mac pro for Christmas and can't wait.

Member #

Cool I'm an Old Timer

I worked at Digital Research (Microsoft's main competitor at that time) in 1983 when the first Mac prototypes became available. I was in charge of UI Development and, as such, was able to spend several days "playing" with one of the first Macs to go outside of Apple. Digital Research (DRI) tried to develop a product called GEM (Graphic Environment Manager) for PC's at the same time Microsoft was developing the first version of Windows. Unfortunately, Bill Gates wooed the powers that be at IBM away from Gary Kildall, founder of DRI. (There was a TV movie about this a few years ago.) In the end, GEM died a sad death and I don't have to tell you what happened to Windows. Fortunately for me, I knew just how bad Windows was "under the hood" and have been an avid Macintosh user ever since. I have an iMac on which I've just installed Lion (an incredible upgrade to Mac OS) and also an iPad2 (I dislike telephones). My wife drives a MacBook and also has an iPad2. We dedicate ourselves to converting those poor, lost souls who still think Windows was meant for human consumption . So long as the old ticker keeps me going, I'll be clicking and swiping on Macintosh platforms and waiting for the new Cloud to be all it can be. Happy to see these new forums and I look forward to fascinating times, and much needed help now and then.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Welcome everyone glad you joined us. :)

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
    "Guidelines of Conduct" for Appleforums.net
    Respect is number 1 in the Forums.

Please be aware that some software is not compatible with Lion just yet. So if your planning on upgrading check to see if the software that you are using is compatible with Lion.

Member #
    new to apple, with ipad2 first then an iMac. loving both. got an email so I joined, knowing that forums are the best way to get answers to most questions. of course, right out of the chute, i mistyped my user name and need to change it. anyone know a shortcut OR, like me, think you have to register?

DrivetheGreen66
    Welcome to the forum everyone. Glad you could join us.

Sent from my Droid Charge via Tapatalk!!!

In a World of doesn't, Droid does.

Member #

Smitty

Smitty here, apple lover, owned 8 iphones(3 2g's 4 3g's and a white 4) like 4 touches and a crap ton other ipods, i have a macbook i just rebuilt and am converting it from white to black :) and ive always fixed my iphones and electronics, but dont get me wrong im a hich who loves hunting :) i just sold my iphone4 so i can get the 5 when it comes out, im PUMPED (=

Member #
    Hello, new to the forum. I bought my ipad2 about a month ago, and loved it so much that I decided I want to trade in my old desktop for an imac... as soon as I work out what specs I want. Does this forum have an app like the iPF?

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads