Mountain Lion and Word Docs

This is a discussion on Mountain Lion and Word Docs within the New Member Introduction & Site Assistance forums, part of the Apple Forums category; Hi All, I have been running a MAC (or rather it has been running me) for two years now. Previously I ran Snow Leopard and ...

Member #

Question Mountain Lion and Word Docs

Hi All,

I have been running a MAC (or rather it has been running me) for two years now.
    Previously I ran Snow Leopard and had absolutely no issues with it, as I mainly use the MAC to access webmail and social media.

I am at college now, and as we all know this means a lot of word processing and creating of documents that need to be handed or emailed to tutors.

I created a document this morning in Pages.
    However when i tried to find the save as function I was met with Duplicate, and found that I had lost the option to save as a Word
    document.

So I saved the document to my documents folder in Finder, it was only then did I see that the option to save as a Word doc was still there, however it had been greyed out and I was unable to access that feature.

Is this sent to just sit there and taunt me, or am i actually able to access this feature?

If not, I need to find another way to quickly and conveniently convert Pages documents into a format that my Microsoft using college tutors can access.

Many thanks for any helpful feedback.

2. Ads

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    134 times
    OK, using Pages 4.2 (1008). When I come to save a Pages Doc, you should have a 'Save...' option available as well as a 'Duplicate' option. It defaults to wanting to save to iCloud. You have to select you Mac device at this point. If you click the down arrow next to the 'Save As' box, you get the expanded dialog to select your folder etc. At this point I see a 'Save copy as' check box which I can click, and select to save a copy of the document in Word format.
    'Deep Thought' - Mac Mini Late 2018- macOS Mojave (10.14.5)
    'Marvin' - Mac Mini Late 2014 - macOS Mojave (10.14.5)
    'Orac' - MacBook Pro 13" Mid 2012 - macOS Mojave (10.14.5)

iPhone 6S - iOS 12.3.1
    iPad Pro 12.9" - iOS 12.3.1

Remove Ads

Ads