First ever mac computer..... here goes

This is a discussion on First ever mac computer..... here goes within the New Member Introduction & Site Assistance forums, part of the Apple Forums category; Hi guys so iv just picked up my first mac computer after having iPhones and iPods iv gone the whole hog and this evening went ...

Member #

First ever mac computer..... here goes

Hi guys so iv just picked up my first mac computer after having iPhones and iPods iv gone the whole hog and this evening went and bought a 2nd gen iPad and this 2008 macbook pro 15"
    iv not had a look in with the iPad as the misses has been on that all night.but that leaves me with the macbook to play with.
    I'm finally getting the hang of the gestures and the way it works and I'm liking it so far!
    however I'm currently downloading the latest mavericks but have noticed while iv been looking at second hand MacBooks some have "mountain lion" an some "maverick" etc and wondered whats the difference and whats the best one for my system? ill be using it for mainly media i.e I'm getting into photography nothing to special iv only got a entry level dslr but would like to explore photoshop pas and would also like to have a go at designing some apps.

the app design app iv seen on the store requires mac version 10.8.4 or newer....im currently on 10.7.5
    any help would be great! thanks
    also any idea where to get the free versions of adobe cs? etc ;)

2. Ads

Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    316 times
    First of, I want to welcome you to our forum!

As far as the os... Mountain Lion is not the better or worst os there is, just the older one.....

Mavericks is not the better because it is "new".

Both are great operating systems.

If you are wanting a updated system, go with Mavericks as it is a "free" upgrade vs. having to purchase Mountain Lion...

By the way, Mountain Lion is 10.8 while Mavericks is 10.9.
    Mac Pro '08
    2013 27" iMAC. 10.11.4 32g
    Apple Server Beta
    iPad Pro
    Ipad1, 3 and iPad Air 7.1. Ipod2, 4s. iPhone 5 - IOS 8.2-- Apple Tv 4th Gen.
    ADC Member and Beta Tester

Member #
    Hi thanks for the info :) iv left it downloading overnight so ill drag my ass out of bed in a moment and see how it's got on :)

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    76 times
    You're going to love it once you get used to it, i came from Windows in 2011 and wouldn't go back now, my Pro is early 2011 and I'm running it on Mavericks, always best to have the latest OS i always think.
    MacBook Pro Retina - macOS Sierra
    iPad Pro- iOS 10
    iPhone 7 Plus

Remove Ads

Ads