Photos of Ashton Kutcher in character as Steve Jobs surface

This is a discussion on Photos of Ashton Kutcher in character as Steve Jobs surface within the Off-Topic forums, part of the Apple Forums category; The first trailer for Ashton Kutcher's 'Jobs' was released earlier today, giving the wider public its first glimpse at the movie after it premiered at ...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    316 times

First Trailer for Ashton Kutcher's 'Jobs' Released

The first trailer for Ashton Kutcher's 'Jobs' was released earlier today, giving the wider public its first glimpse at the movie after it premiered at the Sundance Film Festival to mixed reviews earlier this year.

The film was originally scheduled for release in April, but will now receive a widespread release on August 16, 2013. A minute-long clip was released back in January but the trailer showcases a number of scenes from the film.

"Jobs", which stars Ashton Kutcher as Steve Jobs and Josh Gad as Steve Wozniak, is one of several Jobs-related films in the works or already released. Back in April, rumor site Funny or Die released a rather poorly received "iSteve" comedy film starring Justin Long, who had played the "Mac" character in Apple's long-running "Mac vs. PC" ad campaign.

A third film is being written by Aaron Sorkin and is the official adaptation of Jobs' authorized biography by Walter Isaacson. The film, which is still in the early stages of development, is planned to encompass three 30-minute scenes showing Jobs backstage just prior to the launches of the original Mac, NeXT, and the iPod.

6-21-13

www.macrumors.com

2. Ads

Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    316 times

Woz: I Don’t Hate The Jobs Movie, But Steve Wasn’t The Saint You Think He Was

Apple co-founder Steve Wozniak famously slammed the one-minute teaser for Ashton Kutcher’s Steve Jobs biopic and its script back in January, but that doesn’t mean he has a hatred for JOBS before he’s even seen it. In fact, Woz says he’s open to it as long as it’s entertaining and inspirational, and accurately portrays what really happened during the early days of Apple.

But he’s concerned the movie will depict Steve Jobs as a saint who was immune to failure.

“I allow a lot of artistic interpretation for the sake of entertainment and inspiration, as long as the implied meanings of the scenes are accurate,” Woz told Gizmodo’s Jesus Diaz. “I can’t judge that until I see the film.”

However…

“I have a little bug in me that says that this movie will portray Steve as a saint who was ignored, rather than one of the key people who led Apple through failure after failure (Apple ///, LISA, Macintosh) while the revenues poured in from the Apple ][ that Jobs was trying to kill,” Woz added.

“The Macintosh market was created in the 3 years after Jobs left, with a lot of effort, by some who Jobs disdains.”

Woz acknowledges that Jobs did do great things at Apple, like the iTunes Store, the iPod, Apple’s retail stores, and more recently the iPhone and the iPad. And he concludes that Apple could have used “later Jobs” with all of his experience during its early years.

6-24-13

Source

Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    316 times

New ‘Jobs’ Poster Debuts With Colorful Portrait Of Kutcher As Steve Jobs

Ashton Kutcher’s cinema debut as Steven Paul Jobs is about six weeks away, so it’s about time to start plastering movie theater walls with JOBS posters.

A new poster for Kutcher’s movie was released today and features a colorful portrait of Ashton in the role of Steve Jobs, along with the tagline “Some see what’s possible, others change what’s possible.

The movie arrives in theaters August 16th and also stars James Woods, Dermot Mulroney, Amanda Crew, and Josh Gad.

7-3-13

Source

Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    316 times

Costume designer used around 60 pairs of Levi's 501 jeans for 'Jobs' movie

To make Ashton Kutcher's portrayal of Steve Jobs as accurate as possible, the costume designer behind the upcoming "Jobs" movie obtained the exact style of New Balance sneakers and Levi's 501 jeans the Apple co-founder famously wore.

Levi's provided Lisa Jensen with a "mountain of jeans" for the production, she revealed in an interview with FancyDressCostumes.co.uk. In all, she estimated that the film went through about 60 pairs of jeans to accommodate the varying body weights Kutcher had to achieve during filming.

In addition, New Balance manufactured for Kutcher the exact sneakers Jobs wore from old molds. The crew on "Jobs" was also aided by an archivist who pitched in with research.

Jensen also worked with Cassara Brothers Clothiers, based in Palto Alto, Calif., that used to dress the top Apple executives during the early days of the company. Custom suits were tailored for Kutcher and actors Matthew Modine, portraying John Sculley, and J.K. Simmons, playing Arthur Rock.

Historical accuracy has been a key aspect of the film repeated by those promoting it. Kutcher even adopted Jobs's fruit-only diet — a method acting choice that he said nearly put him in the hospital.

"Jobs" will open around the U.S. on Aug. 16. The film is the first of two Jobs biopics slated to come out in the near future, with the other being an untitled film scripted by Aaron Sorkin of "The Social Network" and HBO's "The Newsroom."

7-10-13

appleinsider.com

Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    316 times

Ashton Kutcher on Why He Chose to Play Steve Jobs

Jobs, the first studio film based on the life of Steve Jobs will be released nationwide on August 16th following an introduction at the Sundance Film Festival earlier this year.

Ahead of its debut, actor Ashton Kutcher has taken to the Q&A site Quora to explain why he chose to take on the role of Steve Jobs.

Jobs (2013 movie): Why did Ashton Kutcher choose to play Steve Jobs in the upcoming movie Jobs?

Ashton Kutcher, I live it

Choosing to take this role was very difficult. I greatly admire the work that Steve Jobs has done and have many friends and colleagues who knew and/or worked for Steve. So, when I read a screen play that was not entirely flattering to his character I had great reservations. But I chose to take on the role for a couple reasons.

1. I care. As I read the script I had a knot in my stomach. I imagined actors playing the role and not connecting to the love that went into some of the seemingly irrational decisions that Steve sometimes made. If this film becomes an enduring memory, of a man I admire, I wanted to ensure that it was portrayed by someone who cared about his legacy and took the time to represent him in a way that people who were close to Steve felt to be authentic.

2. The idea of playing the role terrified me. I've found that the greatest rewards I've received in my life have come from jumping at the opportunities to take on things that scare me. The chance to portray someone who not only lived but who is still very relevant and alive in the zeitgeist seemed to be a once-in-a-lifetime challenge.

3. It was a perfect convergence in my craft and my interests. I've spent the last 5 years working with early stage technology companies as an investor and advisor. Whenever you take on a role, it's like crash course in the subject matter of the film. So while researching the role I was able to spend countless hours studying tech design, product, and history. It also afforded me the opportunity to meet with several of Steve's peers who happen to be icons of the tech world.

4. I loved what the film stands for. I think with the state of the global economy inspiring young people to build things is vital. I wanted to remind entrepreneurs that Steve Jobs wasn't always "Steve Jobs", that he struggled, that he failed, and that he rigorously persevered to build something great to improve other people's lives.

In addition to the Quora post, the production company behind Jobs has been using other social media sites to promote the film. Over the weekend, the company posted a 15-second version of the trailer on the video version of Instagram.

"Jobs", which stars Ashton Kutcher as Steve Jobs and Josh Gad as Steve Wozniak, is one of several Jobs-related films in the works or already released. Back in April, rumor site Funny or Die released a rather poorly received "iSteve" comedy film starring Justin Long, who had played the "Mac" character in Apple's long-running "Mac vs. PC" ad campaign.

A third film is being written by Aaron Sorkin and is the official adaptation of Jobs' authorized biography by Walter Isaacson. The film, which is still in the early stages of development, is planned to encompass three 30-minute scenes showing Jobs backstage just prior to the launches of the original Mac, NeXT, and the iPod.

7-16-13

www.macrumors.com

Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    316 times

Ashton Kutcher Could Go From Playing Steve Jobs To Shilling Cheap Windows PCs [Rumor]

After playing Steve Jobs in the upcoming bio-pic, Jobs, what’s next for Ashton Kutcher? Betraying the very spirit of the icon he just portrayed by shilling Windows PCs, of course.

That timeless rag of gossipy muckraking, The New York Post, reports:

Ashton Kutcher is continuing to rake in the dough. We’re told the “Jobs” star is close to inking a $10 million endorsement deal with computer company Lenovo, which will include him appearing in a number of ads. Kutcher is no stranger to posing pretty with technology, acting as the face of Nikon since 2009. In April, rumors arose that the relationship soured when Kutcher asked for double his multimillion-dollar salary, with reps for Nikon denying a split.

This is just a rumor, but it’s as savvy a business move on Lenovo’s part as it is a cynical cash grab on Kutcher’s. What’s the next best thing for Lenovo short of having their own Steve Jobs? Hiring the guy who played him in a movie to shill their laptops, of course.

7-23-13

Source

Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    316 times

An Emotional Ashton Kutcher Explains How He Felt After Steve Jobs’s Death [Video]

Ashton Kutcher, who plays Steve Jobs in an upcoming biopic called JOBS, has revealed how he passed up the opportunity to meet “the Leonardo da Vinci of our generation” since months before he passed away because he had to work.

During an emotional interview on The Tonight Show with Jay Leno, Kutcher also speaks about how he felt after Jobs’s death, and how he took the Apple co-founder “for granted.”

“For me, I’ll never forget the moment I heard that he had died,” Kutcher said. “I pulled my car to the side of the road and took a moment, and I got home and realized that all the relationships I have in my life are held together by glue that he laid down.”

Kutcher explained how passing up the opportunity to meet Jobs had a big influence on his decision to take the role in the JOBS biopic. “So when I got the script I wanted to ensure that his legacy was told from someone who admired him,” he said.

You can watch Kutcher’s interview with Leno, which features a clip from the upcoming movie, below. JOBS hits cinemas on August 16.

7-25-13

Source

Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    316 times

'Jobs' featurette offers closer glimpse at the upcoming movie

The above featurette was released on Wednesday in promotion of the upcoming film, starring Ashton Kutcher as Apple co-founder Steve Jobs. The official website for the movie also launched this week at jobsthefilm.com.

"Jobs" will be released in theaters everywhere on Friday, Aug. 16. Sneak previews of the film shown earlier this year earned mixed reviews, while Apple co-founder Steve Wozniak said he felt Jobs would be ""a little offended and embarrassed by it" if he were still alive.

In addition to Kutcher as Jobs, the film also features actors Josh Gad as Wozniak, as well as Dermot Mulroney, Lukas Haas, J.K. Simmons, Matthew Modine, and James Woods. It was directed by Joshua Michael Stern, whose credits also include the 2008 film "Swing Vote" starring Kevin Costner.

"Jobs" is not to be confused with Sony Pictures Entertainment's upcoming film about the late Apple co-founder, which will be written by Academy Award winning screenwriter Aaron Sorkin. Sorkin won the Oscar for Best Adapted Screenplay in 2011 for the film "The Social Network," a semi-biographical take on Mark Zuckerberg and the founding of Facebook.

In an interview last year, Sorkin said his take on Jobs would be a "painting," not a photograph. He also said that the entire film will consist of three scenes, each about a half-hour in length, that will take place before the onstage introductions of the Mac, NeXT, and the iPod.

7-31-13

appleinsider.com

Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    316 times

New ‘Jobs’ Clip Shows How Woz & Steve Came Up With The Name Apple

Yesterday, the makers of the upcoming Ashton Kutcher vehicle and Steve Jobs biopic Jobs released a featurette that went behind the scenes of the upcoming film.

Today, we get a new promotional clip, in which Kutcher as Jobs and Josh Gad as Steve Wozniak try to figure out the name of their new computer company? Whatever could it end up being?

Here’s the synopsis of the scene, which you can see above. Jobs and Wozniak are driving down the highway, debating names for their new company. Jobs rejects the name Enterprise Computers for being too much of a Star Trek reference, but when “the fruit of creation” is mentioned, Jobs has a moment of clarity. We’ll call it Apple! Apples are something everyone needs, something everyone wants to just reach out and grab.

Yeah, okay. I have to admit, this is pretty painful to watch. Kutcher appears to be a Steve Jobs who went on to give birth to the kid from Dude, Where’s My Car? and the writing is obvious, labored and generally dreadful. “No Star Trek references, or I’ll crash this car, I swear to God!” Gimme Pirates of Silicon Valley any day.

If Jobs looks like it’s going to scratch an itch, though, it’s hitting theaters on August 16.

8-2-13

Source

Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    316 times

Watch Ashton Kutcher talk about upcoming JOBS film in live YouTube hangout

Ashton Kutcher and Josh Gad, stars of the upcoming JOBS film, are currently hosting a live hangout on YouTube to answer questions about what it was like playing Steve Jobs and Steve Wozniak in the film. You can tune in live above and submit questions for Kutcher and Gad to answer through #AskJobsMovie.

Yesterday we posted the latest clip from the film showing the key moment when Jobs and Wozniak came up with the “Apple Computer” name.

ashton kutcher ✔ @aplusk

doing a google hang out in about an hour with josh gad to talk about the film. Will send a link shortly.

11:48 AM - 2 Aug 2013 P.S.T.

8-2-13

9to5mac.com

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads